Ep 250 - Baseball's Hot Start, Tommy White Mania with Zach
Baseball Pod and Observations from the game week 1-2
Finally some proper baseball conversation. More Notes on the site.
Sorry about the technical issues, working on trying some new things.
Baseball Notes from Week 1.
- Tommy White might be good
- Quality relief innings from Canaan Silver, Garrett Payne on Saturday & Sunday games against Evansville
- JT Jarrett off to a great start, one of his best stretches of hitting in his career. Tied career-high in hits Sunday against Evansville (and a home run Tuesday against High Point, shout-out to the little guys)
- Feels like we’re doing things other than just hitting home runs. A major issue with Avent teams in the past is that they’ve been home-run heavy and it feels like this is more sustainable.
- Great start for David Harrison on Sunday, earned the win on 6 scoreless innings and 4 hits in his first outing since March after being kicked off last year.
- Logan Whitaker with 5 scoreless innings today against Longwood, pitched the final 1.1 innings on Saturday against Evansville. Super good to see for a dude who has dealt with a million injuries…. Avent: “The only person who didn’t think his career was over was Logan Whitaker”
- Slow start for Jacob Cozart, made a couple not great plays behind the plate and has struggled hitting. Got to do what you can at the catcher position in terms of offensive output, take what you can get.
- LuJames (Goes by Gino) Groover, Josh Hood, and Dominic Pilolli have all proved to be massive transfers landed by Avent. All gonna be mailnstays in the lineup.
- Rumor is Groover going to take over for White at 1B when Pilolli heals up to play OF, but Groover didn’t look great at 1B against High Point. Interesting to keep in mind and may not want to mess with Tommy right now.
- Going to try and clip the 11.7 College Baseball Podcast clip talking about us this weekend “Them and Texas are the two best teams in the country in my opinion” was a quote.